PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

Carryfast:
“coomsey”
The writing was on the wall Dean, although we didn’t know it at the time.
I never drove or knew anyone who did drive an 86 8 whlr so can’t comment, I did have an Octopus which had 230bhp motor, I’m told, which on two Scotch a week earned me an extra £10 ,a lot in those days, compared to the Gardner’s n kept you warm. So for all I liked my Fodens I’d always have gone for the Octopus , but oh dear the poor old headless wonder in her !!! :unamused: Cheers Coomsey

Says more about the Gardner than the ‘Foden’.S83 with a Rolls 265 v F86/F7.The only part of the Foden they would see would be the tail lights disappearing over the horizon.

Nothing like stating the obvious “Carryfast” :unamused: So the F86 would have been 201 bhp,so why would anyone be surprised that
a Foden with another 64 bhp would be quicker ! 201 bhp v 265 bhp :open_mouth:

Foden S83 with rolls royce 265 bhp from 1977.

Click on pages twice.

The point was that the Brit bashers usually conveniently over look the obvious.As usual in the case of conveniently comparing the Gardner powered heaps with the small engined DAF and Volvo screamers.The Rolls 265 Foden was one of the best trucks I ever drove ( especially being S85 6 wheelers in my case ). :smiley: :wink: Thanks for posting the road test.