PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

coomsey:
The writing was on the wall Dean, although we didn’t know it at the time.
I never drove or knew anyone who did drive an 86 8 whlr so can’t comment, I did have an Octopus which had 230bhp motor, I’m told, which on two Scotch a week earned me an extra £10 ,a lot in those days, compared to the Gardner’s n kept you warm. So for all I liked my Fodens I’d always have gone for the Octopus , but oh dear the poor old headless wonder in her !!! :unamused: Cheers Coomsey

:smiley: :wink:

gingerfold:
“DEANB” Some odds and sods.

Guy big J 1970.

Anyone drive one of these with the 350 lump in it. That was some serious power back then so must have gone well. Nearly double
the BHP of the standard 180 gardner.

We had this discussion a few months ago on the Guy thread…it didn’t exist after the Earls Court exhibition

Cheers Graham. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

C.C.Pritchard Seddon Atkinson.

hi dean ,love the Pritchard Sedd Atk ,that is before they relocated to Pontypool ,did alot out of Coopers filters Abergavenny ,both now a memory ,regards Keith

We have had a few of Prichard’s on here Keith ! :smiley: :wink:

A02679.JPG

A02680.JPG

pushrod47:
Well its nice to see my article again. My Boss told me that I was getting the first Foden Haulmaster, bigger Gardner, rubber backend, but it didnt materialise so I got the last Foden that Ryton Gravel
ever bought. However it was the first new lorry that Id ever had till then so Ill always have a soft
spot for it. Here it is on the spine road having just tipped at Pioneer Concrete at Cramlington. This
was my last day as being on basic 40 hours for a while [ early 80`s building recession ] I was leaving
for pastures new. My son, now 46, would be so embarrassed.

:laughing: :laughing: Excellent “pushrod47” ! Now how about some pics of the Volvo F86 ? :smiley: :wink:

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great pic pushrod. You were better off with that S83 than a Haulmaster in my opinion, the ‘bigger Gardner’ was no better than the 6LXB and less reliable and I still think the S83 had the comfier cab. Regarding power; the folk at Gardner’s Patricroft works used to tell me that when drivers complained of them being slow compared to ■■■■■■■ etc that whoever ordered the truck new should have specified a Rolls or ■■■■■■■ in the first place then! :laughing:

Pete.

Thanks for your comment Pete. :wink:

robroy:
On the previous page the maroon SedAtk livestock motor TPB is T.P. Bell from Carlisle.
The grey and red DAF David Cutler is an ex Browns of Carlisle motor.

Good man Rob,thanks for the info chap. :smiley:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

GEWS Foden. Dont think we have had one of these on before ?

Hi Dean ,the GEWS Foden ,is on the causeway leading into Portmadog ,has our Paul been spending some time in North Wales ,? regards Keith

Driven along there a few times and can remember the micky mouse toll ! :smiley: Just trying to remember i think the last time i was
there which must be at least 10 years ago i think the toll had either gone or the little hut was shut so you just drove straight through. :wink:

I think that GEWS pic was taken a few years ago Keith,but he has been to Wales at least 3 times this year. :smiley:

ianto:
Between the hours of 7pm to 7am i think the Porthmadog causway was free to cross but other times there was a toll and no easy way of avoiding it I cant remember how much the toll was old age but something tells me 5p and could cross as many times as you liked think the toll money went to the local town council.It was fun crossing the toll with a tall wall on the left side sloping out when going north and a low wall on the left comeing southbound and it was Bloody narrow when you met a lorry or coach it was crawling past each other with mirrors in

:smiley: :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Roberts of Ffestiniog Foden.

Hello DEAN ,yes John Roberts FFestiniog ,not featured hem before big fleet of bulkers that haul powdered slate ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink: