Dangerous trucking in Philippines

neartic:
I retired to Philippines 4 years ago and got some eye openers with the state of most of the trucks here, a lot of them are American Freightliner and are junk seen better days , they have new trucks her most Chinese makes MAN is a popular truck wit petrol suppliers, but safety is not a common word here they run on bald tyres some through to canvas no lights on trailers and you give container trucks a wide berth in case container comes off happens quite often, i have never seen a weigh bridge here or a truck being pulled in by police for tyres or having no exhaust as such just a short pipe, dont even know if they have drivers hours here ever truck must have driver and labourer ( dont know if labourer has large stick to hit driver with if he nods off) they have trucks with 30 foot bed 6 wheelers when they pass you the ground shakes they well overweight, came along sideone at traffic lights with a 20 box on when we came up behind it it was lurching up and down then i noticed one of the tyres on trailer only hat tread half way around half was missing must have been a recap

Never there but would expect that on that side of world
So it would not be a big clames culture life has little value no health and safety would not give a ■■■■ about your wellbeing
There is a few places in world like that