Daf xf 105 460 2012/13 - manual or auto?

My mate runs this XF and there is nothing left of the windscreen surround at the bottom of the screen,
It used to do a lot of mountain crossing before he got it, I can only assume it got plenty of salt washed across the screen

norb:
For my tuppenceworth ,I have been working on DAF for 20 odd years
Brake calipers will stick ,bur they also stick on every other truck and trailer ,so that is a given no matter what vehicle you look at .
The hubs are a pain ,a stupid idea…You can get the bolts out but the time and effort taken can be expensive and as said a new hub is better …There are machine shops who can drill out the old bolts and they do not take long to do it …If doing discs the locking plate for the front and rear are different…One is vented and one is solid ,the vented one can be fitted to the front or rear ,fit the solid one to the wrong axle and it will causing overheating .Have had the odd wiper motor fail ,a pig of a job,but have never seen a wiper linkage fail or be changed ,cab rot below screen is a new one ,I have seen rot on wheelarches ,not on many vehicles but I have seen it …Biggest issue is going to be wiring ,as said passenger side where the cab tilts and flexes the loom and also across the front left to right …Your main issue is going to be you do not know how many repairs and the standard of repair it has had…There where turbo issues and they are well documented …Make sure it has a turbo with the titanium turbine impeller …Other wise if it fails it is expensive …Another issue on older motors is the liners may start to drop which will cause pressuring or even a water leak at the exhaust manifold,again expensive as you need an engineering shot to recut the block if it is indeed able to be recut ,depends how bad it is…So far I have never known any fail that couldn’t be successfully be recut …So engine and wiring are what you need to really be concerned about