Why no sleepers on UK trucks

Sleeping in the cab during the 60’s was a rare event, I did it a couple of times with my Dad when we had got to a delivery but couldn’t get tipped until the next morning and they allowed us to park inside overnight, I recall being curled up on the passenger seat with the obligatory cab engine cover blanket around me and Dad lying forward against the steering wheel, how he slept like that I don’t know except he would have been dog tired, I never slept a wink and was shattered on the way home the following day. Thankfully we usually got into digs and I had a few nights in my own little room at Arden House on different occasions. I don’t believe drivers of that era even considered beds in the cab, most were drivers form the end of WWII and had roughed it quite a bit during their service years but given the choice of a bed in a decent digs to their rope smelling, cold, cramped cab then the choice was easy. Lorries in those days were tools and not the offices of today. These old hands thought the industry had gone soft when power steering, powerful heater/demisters, sprung seats and mirrors the size they had in their bathrooms appeared from the foreigners, all this would change when the younger generation drivers who had come into the industry in the late 60’s early 70’s started to long for the comforts of the Euro offerings when tramping as these types were more familiar on our roads, persuading gaffers to buy though was a different thing, even up to the 90’s blokes were still spending nights out in day cabs with no beds. Franky.