Sat Nav

Wanting to know if there is a HGV sat nav that gives you lifetime maps and lifetime live traffic that you don’t have to use a phone to connect to or pay a subscription, been looking but can only seem to get lifetime maps with either a yearly subscription to live traffic (which I use) or having to connect to a smartphone. Trying to find out for a relative that isn’t into technology. Cheers

TomTom professional 6250 gives you lifetime maps , speed cameras , live traffic and travel

cheers Think that’s the next one up to what I’m using

trucker10:
TomTom professional 6250 gives you lifetime maps , speed cameras , live traffic and travel

Doesn’t it use your smartphones data for live traffic? I know the maps update using wifi but i’m sure I read it uses your smartphone, correct me if i’m wrong.

Garmin Dezl 770 gives you those things free too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Swordsy:
Doesn’t it use your smartphones data for live traffic?

The professional 6200 and 6250 have a SIM built in so no need for a phone. The 620 requires a phone to connect to.

daftvader:

Still needs a phone by the look of the write up
Large-screen truck satnav

Premium 7” truck satnav with powered magnetic mount and free lifetime map updates1
Custom truck routing2 for the size, load and weight of your truck plus alerts for upcoming bridge heights, sharp curves, steep gradients and more
Includes free live traffic via Digital Traffic or Smartphone Link and Live Services with the free Smartphone Link app3
Easy Break Planning with timely notifications plus a Truck & Trailer Services directory, searchable by brand or amenity (e.g., “DKV” or “showers”)
Control dēzl™ 780 with your voice, and enjoy Bluetooth® hands-free calling4, smart notifications3 and built-in Wi-Fi® for easy map and software updates without a computer
Dispatch and Track allows dispatchers to easily text messages and addresses to their drivers and even track drivers’ routes from beginning to end

Well i have one.And don’t connect it to my phone.

DSR:

daftvader:

Premium 7” truck satnav with powered magnetic mount and free lifetime map updates1
Custom truck routing2 for the size, load and weight of your truck plus alerts for upcoming bridge heights, sharp curves, steep gradients and more
Includes free live traffic via Digital Traffic or Smartphone Link and Live Services with the free Smartphone Link app3
Easy Break Planning with timely notifications plus a Truck & Trailer Services directory, searchable by brand or amenity (e.g., “DKV” or “showers”)
Control dēzl[emoji769] 780 with your voice, and enjoy Bluetooth[emoji2400] hands-free calling4, smart notifications3 and built-in Wi-Fi[emoji2400] for easy map and software updates without a computer
Dispatch and Track allows dispatchers to easily text messages and addresses to their drivers and even track drivers’ routes from beginning to end

Pay attention to words digital traffic, it uses dab receiver for traffic updates or second option connect to a smartphone.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Lifetime doesnt usually mean lifetime as such, its the life of the device uk.support.tomtom.com/app/conte … cale/en_gb

Just a bit on the * after ‘lifetime’ from tomtom’s website:

*Lifetime means the useful life of the device, i.e. the period of time TomTom supports your device with updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available any more.

which to mea means when they deem a device too old they’ll stop updating it and unsubscribe it from live services as well. Still worth the £30 over the 6200 imo. I got the latter and paid £15 to renew traffic subscription this year. If you have it for 2 years at least it’ll be worth the higher price.

Edit: Ah, shullbit beat me to it :slight_smile:

DSR:

daftvader:

Control dēzl™ 780 with your voice, and enjoy Bluetooth® hands-free calling4, smart notifications3 and built-in Wi-Fi® for easy map and software updates without a computer

I have one. I dont connect it to my phone. It updates over wifi at home.

It can commevt to your phone so you can use it hands free and use the My TomTom app thingy where you can basically plan a route on your phone and send it to your satnav. Traffic and everything else works without being connected to anything.

Please do not spend £300+ on a hgv sat nav.

It is a complete waste of money.

A quick hijack of the thread, new lorry coming next week with the built in Scania satnav, does anyone on here have one and is it any good? Currently using a Garmin Dezl and generally is more than up to the job.

Mazzer2:
A quick hijack of the thread, new lorry coming next week with the built in Scania satnav, does anyone on here have one and is it any good? Currently using a Garmin Dezl and generally is more than up to the job.

Uses the igo maps, as pirated by the cheap Chinese units on eBay.

If it’s on contract should get updates I would hope.

I have a snooper, it shows traffic en route, has free lifetime map updates, it’s fine generally but the last time I was in Romania it was bloody useless.