PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
Lovely pic of this showmans ERF you have kindly posted…they have clearly altered this Marsden or it could by a Vanplan body to suit this ERF…I love how they have cut away part of the luton to keep the bill board above the can visible.

Regards Mark

Never noticed that Mark. :laughing:

moomooland:
E. Kidd Transport was established more than 60 years ago to provide haulage services for a number of major manufacturers in the Lancaster area.

When Ernest Kidd established E. Kidd Transport the work was predominately with local farmers, delivering cattle to markets.
By the end of the 1960’s Kidds were establishing themselves not only in agricultural and milk haulage but also in general haulage.

Throughout the 1970’s business boomed with Kidds quickly outgrowing their Melling site.
They moved operations to a new purpose built site at the old Lancaster Power Station coal yard just off Caton Road in 1978 where new offices and a new workshop were built.

Still in business today Kidds Transport, as they are now known, run a a modern fleet of Scania trucks,

Thanks for the info and pics Paul. :smiley: Its nice to see an old company still going after all these years. :smiley: :wink:

Paul has just sent me some more recent ones through and they still seem keen on Scanias. :wink:

tribsa:
Hi Dean & All

The T+LT ERF was Tate & Lyle Transport.
If Iam correct they had a depot in Calmore Totton Southampton
May even have been ERF dealers for a short while

Cheers Rich

Hello Rich, you could be right chap i dont know. :wink: But the only Tate & Lyle trucks i have ever seen have always had the full name
on them and i have not seen them in that colour scheme or with “distribution” on them ? :unamused: