Heads up on DQC card

He guys.

So it’s been a good few weeks since I passed my cat 2 and cpc. Licence has been returned but no DQC card yet. So I called up DVSA and they said their is a problem with they’ve system. They receive the relevant stuff but they don’t know it and it won’t get activated on their system until you give them a call. Mine is being processed now and should be with me in next week or so.

A certificate should surely suffice? Not so bad on renewal as they are sent out early as long as the hours are done.

Noremac:
A certificate should surely suffice? Not so bad on renewal as they are sent out early as long as the hours are done.

Yeah it does but I dont like carrying original certificates just incase they get lost or damaged.

Noremac:

Some places actually want the card before they will allow you to work. Happened with me just a few weeks ago

Did my last module on Saturday, confirmed on the training record site it said it was ordered…

I emailed the DVSA who confirmed the card had gone to print… it now shows on my driving licence check site…

Also, been emailing them. They admit a fault with their ‘system’ but they have the same machines like the rest of the DVLA to print it.

They also haven’t got the info, so I can create an account for CPC. (Check your Driver CPC periodic training hours - GOV.UK)

They state you can still drive while waiting for it to arrive, but like most others what employer would take you one without it physically in your hands (albeit also a £50 VOSA fine if not produced)

Full contact details for them:-

Caerleon:
£50 VOSA fine if not produced

Not correct if waiting for it

Waiting for your card
You can still drive professionally if you’ve done your periodic training and you’re waiting for your new Driver CPC card to arrive.

gov.uk/driver-cpc-training/ … r-cpc-card

Card arrived today :slight_smile:

Question, what groups are shown on the rear for “lorry” , mine has C, CE, C and C1E

LGVStuart:
Card arrived today :slight_smile:

Question, what groups are shown on the rear for “lorry” , mine has C, CE, C and C1E

It is a bit silly showing LGV categories on it because the DQC covers you for LGV not specific categories
The driving licence shows what LGV categories you have