Daf xf 105 460 2012/13 - manual or auto?

So I get this 67 plate auto some days - comfortable but deadly slow (gear changes are painfully slow)

Toddy2:
[/attachment]

Professor:
I have a 13 plate and have had it from brand new it has now done 920k been the best motor I have ever had I should be changing it next year for a euro 6 but I just do not won’t to part with it.it has been main dealer maintained from new they have done a great job of looking after it apart from one incident when the fitter over tightened the drain plug on the gearbox and it cracked but they sorted it out and we all have off days.
In all this time I have had a header tank as it split about three years ago I had the turbo changed when it was two to a titium one as advised by Daf they were doing a deal at the time of £500 supplied and fitted,one set of Knox senceors a gear knob as it was leaking air a set of batteries last year as I thought I had better change them for the winter a rear wing last month as the bracket had broken (poor design) a clutch last year as the bearing did not feel as it should and as it was apart we put a new one in a pinion seal last service.they also done something to the synchro on the back of the gearbox in the summer as when it went in for inspection they noticed to much play and advised me to take it easy till it was repaired so I left it there and by next afternoon all fixed.Next service I am having the rear brakes done so they bed in for the mot in feb these I believe are still the original
I am on dock work pulling euroliners with a mixture of weight the max being 25 ton my average mpg is 9.6 this is not what the computer says as that reads higher but worked out by pen and paper I have a 12 speed manual box n mine although I like the spacings of the box it has never been as smooth as the 16 speed box of my last lorry.When or if I change to euro 6 I am not sure what box to have next Daf do not do the 12 speed manual any more all most of my mates say I should move with the times and get an auto as once you get used to it you will never won’t a manual again,I have only ever driven 1 auto for just 5 miles and I did not like that every body says I should get a demo and to be fair the salesman keeps on to me about it but as I carry everything including the kitchen sink I can not be bothered to have one but if I do decide to by another one I will take the demo for a week but deep down I think I will end up with a 16 speed manual as I am too set in my ways hope this helps sorry for the spelling