Starting up pros cons and rates

Good with numbers i meant i can use a calculator, good numbers don’t really apply to real life its that gut feeling and the understanding of the job i think.
Your advice on fuel and wages being 50%
Makes more sence to me than the miles rate.
When it comes to truck maitenance i like to get my hands dirty so will try to save couple of quid by doing what i can myself.
I need clear advice from people like you and im listening to it, its not like i just want to hear that yeah its nice and easy lots of money in this etc
All those comments are appreciated and definitely make valuable info for me.
All of you gents have more experience and thats why i asked try to understand i was always a driver self employed or employee so my employer never informed me about the sort of money he was making or how much he charged per mile loaded empty when what where so excuse me for not understanding. I’ve applyed for the licence myself cuz no one seems to be kind enough to help without makeing money.
So trying to cut cost from day one and i will continue to do that.
All i wanted to know maybe what jobs are ok or not how are jobs priced miles or per load is it one way both ways. What’s better getting a curtain or aiming for traction only, simple stuff its not like im asking for your costumers contact number. And now guys look at those posts and tell me what you see.