MOT Failure - Opinions Please

Yeah I get all that. The tester was bang on spotting it when 2 of his colleagues previously failed to on the last 2 tests so my beef isn’t with DVSA. I had “allegedly” 2 identical tyres fitted at the same time but alas, one had a different load rating so although the size and brand were the same, they were not identical. Its clear that ATS just slipped up when they fitted them but my real concern is that although I missed it, the dealer has PMI’d the unit 11 times and not one of their fitters spotted it and was able to advise me accordingly.

Ironically, it was pmi’d the very morning of the test too so in effect, they allowed me to present a non compliant motor. What approach should I take with the dealer who is trying to swerve any culpability? They also invoiced for a retest too as its using the lane at their depot!

It can be proved it was the same tyre as I have the original job card which lists the 2 tyres fitted and their serial numbers which confirm what I’m saying about it being the same tyre.