PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

vwvanman0:
Nice info on the m62, i recall seeing a documentary on the building of the m62 and the 1960s space age designers planned to put heating systems under the tarmac to prevent winter issues. Sadly the technology wasn’t invented (maybe still isn’t)

Thanks Dean for keeping this brilliant thread going, keep up the good work.

Steve

Thanks for the comments Steve ! :wink: I find all of these old articles intresting to be honest. :smiley:

ramone:
Ironically it was a LAD Albion a bit like the ones you just posted but a day cab , it was a rough 'un though bloody noisy horrible thing

Sounds like you were not a fan then “ramone” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
Jeese no bloody awful thing but it had already had a hard life , the AEC looks like an AEC to me too , excellent thread Dean

:smiley: :wink:

coomsey:
You tell him Pete !! :laughing:

I wondered how long before you would turn up ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I think you both missed the point i was trying to make… :unamused:

Heres a couple of heavy hauliers for you two.

ERF-NGC-European:
Yes Dean, one of Olloquiegui’s trailers I’d say, but with a subbie’s Volvo up front :wink: .

Thats how you spell it Robert ! :laughing: I knew the name but was not sure of the spelling. The Volvo is one of Olloquieui’s. :wink:

Same emblem on cab door chap.

moomooland:
Great article Dean regarding the Northwest Motorways being built back in the 1960’s.

Great pics and info Paul, thanks for posting chap ! :smiley: :wink:

gingerfold:

DEANB:
BFC Transport AEC ■■? No doubt i am wrong i will wait for the usual bollocking of “Gingerfold” :laughing:

Cannot fault you this time DEAN, it’s a Mandator :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Had to get one right eventually ! :laughing: :laughing:

kenfig bill:
John Raymond Atkinson Borderer.

Hello Dean ,…good to the John Raymond Atkinson …on a P plate one of the last Borderers to be built the old man thinks …fond memories as a kid passing JRs depot at Waterton with all those Atkis lined up …thanks Dean from the two of us …lol .Geraint

Thanks for the comments Geraint. :wink:

Heres some more Atkinson’s for dad. :wink:

NMP.

tastrucker:
You certainly have a good knowledge of the companies around Wales and the borders Trevor. :smiley: :wink:
Hello DEAN ,thats because i have resided in the area for almost 78 yrs now ! thank you Trevor

That might have something to do with it Trevor ! :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

Hello Dean ,…many thanks for the JR Atkinson shots …the old man is well chuffed …and wishes to tell you ,that one of his equally old mates drove a Borderer hauling steel regularly from Margham to Corby for the making of steel tubes …from the both of us Dean …thanks again Geraint …lol