PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

EDTRUCK:
I think the Scania tanker was operated from the yard just next to the A38 bypass around Lichfield. I am trying hard to remember the name of the operator!!

I recognise the livery but I canโ€™t remember the name!!

Ed

I know where you are coming from Ed i have the same problem often !! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

ChrisArbon:
The DAF 2800 with the 40 foot flat looks like the one that Bartrums of Diss had in the late 1970s. At that time they were comparing many different lorries and had one of most makes available at the time. That was before they settled on the Volvo F7 and before they became Seddon Atkinson dealers.

Thanks for the info Chris. :wink:

Dave.h:
The DCD F7 was one of 4 or 5 on contract from Bergen Transport Monton ( later Trafford Park), 2 Volvo F12s 16 Speed and 2/3 F7s 8 Speed. Due to the F7s being lighter they always carried more payload. when the F7s came off contract and replaced with newer F7s they were repainted in Bergen colours. The F7 in the picture when it was in Bergen colours was my first unit after graduating from 4 wheelers.

Thanks for the comments about the Volvo F7 Dave. Any photos chap ? :smiley:

pete smith:
โ€œEDTRUCKโ€]I think the Scania tanker was operated from the yard just next to the A38 bypass around Lichfield. I am trying hard to remember the name of the operator!!

I recognise the livery but I canโ€™t remember the name!!

Ed

Lichfield Road Tanker Services or Taylors, used to run tippers as well, all about as straight as a corkscrew!

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Cheers Pete ! :wink:

Buzzer:
Dean was not Roadways hire operated by Salisbury Scania dealer Unit Commercials, got a sneaky feeling it was, Buzzer.

Thanks for that Buzzer, i expect when Harvey pops along he will confirm what you have said chap. :wink:

Unit Commercials are listed in the advert.