Starting up pros cons and rates

A lot say don’t do it, not worth it etc. but did they even try or had a company?(few maybe) Reasons would be they don’t want any more competitor starting, some got rental s650 and run £1.40 says no money in it, some are just owner driver not have the business mind. If you have goals, no one will stop you to get it done. Go for it. I’m also awaiting my o licence, under consideration.
Some say no one will talk to you without licence, it’s a big myth. I have many offers already (not just maritime or bwd). £1.55 traction, over £2 for ad-hoc work…Fuel card, I already received 2 cards 7 days payment term. Finance for truck, many rejected, but found 2 company to offer finance and secured one with holding deposit now until o licence arrive.
At my last company we have other subbies parked and one of them started in 2016 now have around 15unit only traction work.
Another thing is the business has potential to increase, what increase would drivers get being employed?? Whole life drive for someone make their dream come true, but think too risky to start something on their own…pffff.
Also, for the people who says “I was lucky” the luck didnt find you, you work so hard and found your own luck…