Starting up pros cons and rates

Scannyfanny:

KWN86:

Mattwoodtransport:
I’ll also be putting in for my ops licence. You will find a lot won’t talk to you until you do kwn. Do it chief, out of interest, I notice you said 3 units, and your running the numbers, how are you financing it? Buying a £6k unit?new rental? Insurance lump sum or monthly etc etc

Will be applying for 3 but I will run one at first mate don’t want to go all crazy when starting if all goes well maybe rest of them will follow it’s better to plan ahead instead of making changes later besides come new year and the amount of money you need for each unit goes up so better do it right away and yes the first unit and trailer will be fairly cheap looking don’t want a massive bill to cover while starting no hire purchase or leasing too expensive

Some harsh but sadly true insights into your planned haulage venture…

Work - unfortunately no one with work available will speak to you seriously without your new operator’s licence in your hand.
Truck - unfortunately you will have no ability to get any finance or leasing on a truck or trailer as a startup with zero history so needs to be cash.
Running - unfortunately you will struggle to get a fuel card will need a cash buffer to fuel your wagon for a bit

Question - how much ready cash do you have available to invest in starting your business?

Reason for asking - if you don’t have at least £25k you won’t be running anything apart from a bath unfortunately.

Best of luck Drive…and I mean that…

Scannyfanny

Thanks for the insider

I am aware of all the things you have mentioned if I didn’t have cash in hand would not even dream of starting this venture will be hard at first just have to make smart choices o licence application filed so now all I have to do is start making phone calls and see who will talk to me.