PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
The MAN belongs to Goodenough of Swindon…they also are furniture removers to.

Regards Mark

Thanks for the name Mark ! :smiley:

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The first Foden S83 tipper Tilcon had at our quarry that had Taperlite springs was TWB 37S, it actually came new with multileaf springs front and rear and I removed them all and fitted the new Taperlites before it went on the road. At least it was still clean to work on! :wink: They used to break very easily though.

Pete.

You spent an awful lot of time under those Fodens Pete ! :laughing: :wink:

windrush:
Chambers and Cook are still in business, we were staying at the Scotch Corner Travelodge a few weeks ago and an Eastern European lad came in wanting a bed. He was hauling a C & C tautliner with a plain white foreign unit, he struggled with the receptionists North East accent and she with his, and gave up and went elsewhere in the end! :laughing:

Pete.

Nice to hear they are still going,have not seen one for a long time. They used to do alot of European work back in the 80’s. :wink:

m1tch:
Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

one of leggets na3t.org has a clear pic of this [emoji106]

Well spotted “mitch” :wink:

Piston broke:
GH Wintle were from near me. A really smart old established fleet. Those Seddon Atkinsons must have been very nearly the last British lorries they bought, I don’t remember them lasting long before being sold. After them they changed to Volvo and bought nothing else but until they closed the doors - early 2000’s I think. Very well known in the local area for their four little Bedford TK coal lorries, really tidy but really old ones, doing the old fashioned door to door sack deliveries. Regular return loads for the artics was coal back to the yard to be bagged for the TK’s to deliver out

Thanks Dean :smiley:

Thanks for the info “Piston broke” good stuff. Cant blame them for getting rid of those Seddon Atkinson’s for Volvo’s. :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Heres a few they operated.

ERF :laughing:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”]

One for “smallcoal” John.

John Raymond Atkinson Borderer.

You’ve had the lorry before :wink:

:wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Not had a Outen on before,anyone know anything about them ■■?

William C Hockin Volvo, from Devon or Cornwall.

Outen Transport (George Outen, I think) is from Essex - Basildon, if I remember rightly - used to load them home in the 90s. There’s an Outen Distribution listed at Companies House, dissolved in 2013 but founded only in 1997, so perhaps I remember an earlier incarnation.

Bill Hockin is from Barnstaple, and still very much in business

Thanks for the input Chris on Outen and Hockin’s. :smiley:

tribsa:
Hi Dean & All
The red Scania is DJV a clearing house from Tilbury.
The little Volvo is Leggett Freightways.
Thanks for having the time & patientce to put all these photos on

Cheers
Rich

Good stuff Rich,thanks for the input. :wink:

ramone:
"windrush"Chambers and Cook are still in business, we were staying at the Scotch Corner Travelodge a few weeks ago and an Eastern European lad came in wanting a bed. He was hauling a C & C tautliner with a plain white foreign unit, he struggled with the receptionists North East accent and she with his, and gave up and went elsewhere in the end! :laughing:

Pete.
Yeah it’s a common thing that Pete , you would think that living here all these years and now moving around the country a lot more the folk of the north east would be able to speak understandable English … hard hat on stand by :smiley: :wink:

Reckon you might need your hard hat “ramone” :laughing: :wink:

Ray Smyth:
William C Hockin Volvo, from Devon or Cornwall.

Hi Dean, William C. Hockin are from Barnstaple in North Devon, and as far as I know, are still going. Cheers, Ray.

Cheers Ray. :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Mighty 143 of Swinnerton Transport. Dont think we have had one on before ■■

Hello DEAN ,Swinnerton transport from Adbaston thats between Market Drayton and Newport ,but just over the staffs border they do potato haulage .The Reynolds ERF ,i think could be from Bucknell Shropshire that was very much their colours ,thank you Trevor

You certainly have a good knowledge of the companies around Wales and the borders Trevor. :smiley: :wink:
Hello DEAN ,thats because i have resided in the area for almost 78 yrs now ! thank you Trevor

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Monex are now known as M.C.L.These days and are a very big welsh international haulier.I will always remember the sign on the weigh bridge in Ramsgate Port,years ago,Monex Cash Only!
Regards Andrew.

Yeah i have heard of M.C.L. Andrew. “cash only” classic. :laughing: :wink: