Personal use on a tacho vehicle

I’m potentially helping a family member move house. I can’t use my works lorry for it because access to their current house is to tight. However a pickup van and tri axel trailer fit just and no more. The van is fitted with a tacho.

Because it’s not for work/reward I don’t have to put my card in?

If I was to get pulled by the police how can I prove this particular journey is for private and not commercial?

Thanks

Don’t need to put the card in

Just tell them it’s personal use.

Show them your rental agreement, assuming you have one.

There is more chance of platting ■■■■ than you getting pulled. Considering I was flashing a driver like mad on the A38 who had no lights on his caravan in the dark, only for the police to saunter past with zero ■■■■■ given, I think you will be fine.

as said, no need if it’s for personal use so card stays out. I always think of things like this as ‘if you’re not doing anything wrong or trying to cover anything up, you’ve nowt to worry about’… so if indeed you are using it for personal use and they suspect otherwise, let the clipboard waving devious-a waste their time trying to prove it.

Jimmy McNulty:
There is more chance of platting ■■■■ than you getting pulled. Considering I was flashing a driver like mad on the A38 who had no lights on his caravan in the dark, only for the police to saunter past with zero [zb] given, I think you will be fine.

Funny you say that, driving down the A1 today, a fully marked BMW X3 pottering among whilst a 3.5t white van is undertaking, weaving in and out of traffic and tailgating. Not even a tug! What I was watching was dangerous driving, somehow the copper didn’t think the same!

There’s enough ■■■■■■■■■ on the road as it is without enough police to enforce, but when one is there and just can’t be bothered takes the ■■■■ !

Robaidh:
I’m potentially helping a family member move house. I can’t use my works lorry for it because access to their current house is to tight. However a pickup van and tri axel trailer fit just and no more. The van is fitted with a tacho.

Because it’s not for work/reward I don’t have to put my card in?

If I was to get pulled by the police how can I prove this particular journey is for private and not commercial?

Thanks

If vehicle under 7.5 GVW then no tacho needed for private use but I would put unit to - out of scope

Nice one. Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.