Defects Book - What not to report?

I’ve been driving 3.5t vans for my employer for a while but moving up to a Class 2 MAN after passing my test.

The MAN I’m getting has a warning light, but I wouldn’t consider it a defect since its only saying “service due” or something like that which I’d consider to be a reminder rather than a warning.

I take it this wouldn’t need to be reported as a defect?

If it’s a service reminder then no. It’s for the compliance person to sort.

Though to be fair, you can defect it and it covers you till you get experience of what is or isn’t defect reportable, this way your covered

As you’ve mentioned MAN, you’ll probably get the orange engine management light on with no message why

It’s down to Adblue not working right. This is defect, it’s a common issue. They usually use loads or none on a single trip !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our MANs always seem to display “Trl brake lamp failure” every time they are connected to our skellys. Must be a compatibility issue. :unamused:

Also, when you check the oil on the screen, the actual level is only displayed when it’s getting low (only shows the bar with the “OK” in the middle at all other times). :unamused:

Have you been getting the service reminder for a while? Maybe they forgot to reset it. Otherwise, don’t worry about it unless you see flames or hear a big bang! :wink:

Col1874:
I’ve been driving 3.5t vans for my employer for a while but moving up to a Class 2 MAN after passing my test.

The MAN I’m getting has a warning light, but I wouldn’t consider it a defect since its only saying “service due” or something like that which I’d consider to be a reminder rather than a warning.

I take it this wouldn’t need to be reported as a defect?

No defect just annoying when it comes up every time you turn ignition on
Truck is most probably service in house but needs a MAN dealer computer to turn it off and reset it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if theres an on site workshop,then just ask about amber lights to the 1st spanner monkey you see then your ■■■ is covered,any red lights,then dont move till your cleared by above.
once your familiar with all the useless techno lights,then you can just constantly be like others and disregard them…just cover your backside to start with and no need to be overly ■■■■ about defecting things to vor.
ask,and pass the buck.

If its anything that needs looking at but not a risk to road users then I put a note on the bottom of the defect sheet then backside covered. Of course whether they fix it or not is another matter.