Buses, coaches, & lorries

ramone:

Carryfast:
The Queensland export order’s ? service life might provide some interesting answers regarding the V8 saga. :bulb: :wink: Although my guess is it was always going to be on the back foot v Detroit in the day bus or truck.

Hopefully cav might appreciate this more than Ramone. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=TeRu_lAA0DE

My point was that AEC had the vision of and realising building a high powered coach , something no other British or foreign manufacturer at the time were doing or making available over here. We all no the V8 power unit wasnt any good due to reasons discussed at length in another thread. What Im trying to say is that when the TL12 was launched surely someone must have thought about dropping it in the Sabre having spent money developing the chassis and not being able to use it . The TL12 would have been well on top of the job at 273 bhp but it never happened. They didn`t need to use outside supplies of engines when they had one at their disposal

I agree with you the AV760/TL12 was obviously the natural progression from the 690 powered RMC/L,but Detroits were the obvious default V configuration choice in the day even moreso in bus applications.At what point do we start calling it conspiracy not ■■■■ up ?.Although obviously not helped by the weird backward operator expectations which afflicted the all important domestic market.Although as we’ve seen the foreign competition conveniently had no trouble in that regard,in pushing those expectations into the late 20th century,before it jumped. :bulb: