Any old promotor drivers around

sandway:

sandway:
Haven’t mentioned Dave Stagg on here for a while. ‘Staggie’ who had worked his way up from lorry driver to the position of Director in charge of exhibitions had by 89/90 a wealth of experience. From the mid eighties he had organised British group participation in Trade Fairs or stand alone shows for British industry in a number of countries including Iran, Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia. The pinnacle of his career was an all British Exhibition in Casablanca held in the spring of 1990. But at the end of 90 or possibly 91 he organised his last event for Promotor in a country that I never thought I would have the opportunity of visiting. A country that I had only ever heard its name mentioned in a derogatory way by anyone who visited the place. But Dave in his infinite wisdom saw opportunities for Promotor there.

Staggie flew out to this back of beyond country on a ‘recce’ trip well in advance of the exhibition he had planned for there. The attached photo possibly shows him looking for somewhere flat to hold the event.

And this is where Staggie was to hold his last exhibition for Promotor. You gotta be joking Dave!!!

Anyone got any ideas? Apart from the photos there is one big clue.

e24.jpg

e18.jpg

e25.jpg