Any old promotor drivers around

Jazzandy:

sandway:
Thanks for setting the record straight regarding the Leyland lorries Andy. Once the old grey stuff has a jog it starts to function again albeit slowly and briefly but what I vividly remember were your epic solo’s on the skins when guesting with the Tom Collins Jazz Band. Out of this world!!! Ye, well! thats enough of that.

That was a good little band. Was it at that fair that you guys hosted a dinner at the Meridian and kindly asked us, your competitors to join you? It was greatly appreciated anyway.

Well, you knew Promotor Andy, magnanimous to all.

That got me thinking? ‘Magnanimous’ exactly what does it mean? So googled it and the meaning I like best is ‘generous or forgiving, especially towards a rival or less powerful person’. Yes that definitely sums up the Promotor/Orient scenario. Promotor led whilst others followed. I like it.

At both the Baghdad and Tehran Fairs you were always there like an itch in our side Andy. We would give the itch a good scratch and it would disappear for a while but always came back. Glad it did though as we loved having you around. It kept us on our toes.

a95.jpg