Hi All, failed class C Wed 6 th In Liverpool

We’re back to the old, old situation where candidates dont realise that the majority of “instructors” are no more than ex-drivers who have changed their job role. It is an indisputable fact that many of these “instructors” have had zero training in the art of instruction and have never undergone any form of quality control to see if they are capable.

Some of us choose to go through a rigorous assessment process every 5 years conducted either by NVDIR or NRI. Using someone who has passed that process is an assurance that you have an instructor who has been properly trained (no way of passing the tests without serious training). Of course, this does not mean that someone not on the register is automatically poor. It’s just that, for whatever reason, they haven’t seen fit to put themselves up for examination.

The problem the candidate is left with is clear from the above. Use a registered instructor OR hope the unregistered instructor is actually up to the mark. To be clear, I know a few unregistered instructors who would qualify without difficulty. So they’re fine and, presumably, have their own reasons for not qualifying. But how is the candidate meant to know the difference between one and the other?

Whilst I’m at it, I’ll point out that ALL our instructors are fully trained, tested, qualified and registered. They are monitored and updated continually to ensure standards are maintained. We have our own inhouse trainer trainer who also conducts instructor training on our behalf for the biggest names in UK haulage.

We are also a NVDIR Approved Training Centre. What does that mean? We have to pass a tough annual inspection. This takes into account our training records, vehicle maintenance, reversing areas, instructor qualifications and cpd. There’s plenty more but that’s enough for now.

There really is a huge spectrum of training and facilities out there. It’s up to the candidate to do their research thoroughly and come up with the answer.

I repeat, an unregistered instructor is not automatically bad. Just a shame they haven’t put themselves up for assessment imo.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: