Reverse [zb] up on assessment

Silver_Surfer:
Also just reset and start again if you think you have got it wrong, the amount you see that keep going when it’s obvious they’ve made a haymes of it is unbelievable.

I had one of those days last week, could not reverse for toffee at the 3 yards I went to. Stubborn as anything though fairly convinced I wouldn’t make it, I continued anyway. Had I just shunted forward a bit or shifted over I would have probably made it in one rather than looking like an idiot. Oh well, one of those days!

I was quite fortunate on my first assessment, it was only my second time driving an artic. I was fine going forwards, but when it came to revere I just told the assessor I’m not that confident with the reverse so he gave me instructions and helped me out. All he did was mark me down for my “reversing theory”. As a new driver, and they’re aware of the fact, there’s no reason for them to be a bell end. They were in the same boat too. He clearly shouldn’t be doing the job of a driver trainer if he can’t offer advice to a new driver. As has been said, look elsewhere that’s a bit more accepting. The c+e reverse on the test is pointless, doesn’t teach you how to put it on a bay or blindside round a corner so every assessor should be well aware of the standard of reverse of us new drivers!