Great Advert.......NOT

From TruckerWorld twitter feed

The lorry was pictured trying to get across the Bailey Bridge, in Walton, despite its clearly-signposted three-tonne weight limit. A spokesman for Cedar Electronics International said: “We actually received some social media coverage of this image, and have of course investigated further. “The ‘Snooper Truckmate’ trailers are operated by a third-party haulier, with whom we advertise our products.
“Our Truckmate and Ventura navigation devices do indeed avoid this particular area (it is the first thing we checked when we saw the original posting) as well as other restricted roads.

“Therefore, it looks like the drivers of this particular vehicle were not using one of our devices, or if they were, they were either ignoring it, or not using it correctly. “Had they been doing so this route would not have been included in any directions for their journey. “We always advise that drivers must adhere to the road signs as posted, whether permanent or temporary.”

It is the latest in a long line of HGVs attempting to drive over the bridge and was pictured by Jane Beebee. She claims the lorry was subsequently forced to reverse back down the lane. Mrs Beebee, of Walton, said: “It is hilarious that a lorry advertising sat-nav systems was coming to towards the bridge.

“The lorry was pictured trying to get across the Bailey Bridge, in Walton,”

It’s 440 yards away ffs. Twitter fake news.
Bernard

…Remember the days before Pootahs, Eye-phones, and Stat-naffs…

All that needed to be said - could be done on THIS as the “hot wire” to your Guvnor…

Olde School Dog n Bone.jpg

Mrs Beebee! Named after her favourite reversing bleeper?

I don’t know this area but like the other guy said it is over 400 yards away.

I have taken a 16ft trailer right up to a 13ft bridge (like 10-20 yards away) before turning into a ind estate.

I’ve also gone through bus only routes. (Co-op had express permission to use bus route during certain times)

So the image doesn’t prove nothing. Although I do conceed that chances are it is driver error.

adam277:
I don’t know this area but like the other guy said it is over 400 yards away.

I have taken a 16ft trailer right up to a 13ft bridge (like 10-20 yards away) before turning into a ind estate.

I’ve also gone through bus only routes. (Co-op had express permission to use bus route during certain times)

So the image doesn’t prove nothing. Although I do conceed that chances are it is driver error.

It was 400 yards away because by then the steering wheel attendant had already been reversing for about 390 yards, causing all the following traffic to reverse to the first available turning point - which is where the photo was taken (probably by the driver of one of those vehicles).

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

He didn’t back off for the weight limit, it would have been the 7’6" width, backed up by Armco barriers that stopped him.

goo.gl/maps/3KnoPdn4kEXiagqT9

Whereas this driver in Romsey today[emoji54][emoji54] just went for it!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk