Rookie mistake.

Chin up mate, could have been worse, could’a been me :laughing:

In a previous life my short cut through a village around 2am came to a sticky halt when i couldn’t past 2 cars parked opposite, cue a mile or so reverse down a winding lane until i found a gateway :blush:

About 20 years ago a similar thing happened, sailing along and unbeknown to me i’d missed where the main road turned left, but the B road i was then on was no worse than the previous A road.
After about 5 miles i came upon a wooden bridge, yes the bridge comprised of planks with a supposed weight limit of 7.5 tons, i was empty but tared off at about 19 tons :blush: , cue a reverse of indeterminate distance until a suitable farm entrance presented itself, glad it was a standard wag’n’drag and not an A frame or i’d still be there :smiling_imp:

There have been several other instances of serious reversing exercises to be performed cos of my mistakes, me last one was another middle of the night reverse about 2 miles, but that one wasn’t my fault :wink: , there’d been a fatal and i’d committed to the route before it was closed, either i did some elongated backing up or sat there all night.