Northwest Trucks

Stanfield:
T Bracewell of Church. Bedford KBV192 taken in Manchester 1958

Hi John
Thanks for posting interesting photos as usual. Do you know if T Bracewell Church are related to AM Bracewell Church Accrington. Early 1960s I had delivered Mothers Pride Bread to Rolls Royce Barnaldswick and remember a Bracewell flat four wheeler wagon shunting in the yard. Most days I had given the driver a lift in from the village Bracewell North of Barnaldswick towards the A59. Just wondered if this is a coincidence or was the Bracewell lorry and driver another part of the Bracewell family.
Cracking photo of the Woodwards Wrecker on Knutsford services. When I worked at Williames Transport (Irish Haulier) Trafford Park I met one of our drivers at Anderton Services. He had broke down, his tractor unit Scammell Crusader and dennison 40 box were coupled up to a Woodwards Leyland Hippo maybe the same one as your photo. I tried as I could to keep up with the Woodwards wrecker but he must have been travelling 150 mph? When I got back to the yard the Wrecker had uncoupled the rig and ready to take the Scammell to their yard for repair. The other Williames driver was still pail white and shaking half an hour later. I may have been lucky but in all them years of driving wagons I had never had a breakdown,and would not look forward to having the same terrifying experience.
Cheers KEV

Bracewell.png