Any old promotor drivers around

Evening Efes. I bow to your more intimate knowledge of Promotor driver David Boulding. Obviously My memory is playing up again as just proved on the ‘Kent transport’ thread where I confused two companies with similar names. However, the little anecdotes concerning the French lessons were true but I admit I did apply a bit of artistic licence to the story.

Getting back to the John Preece photos. I have trimmed the one of John on the beach as he looks most uncomfortable with those brazen hussies forcing themselves upon him in a titalising pose. I’m sure nobody wants to see those kind of photos on here when there are plenty of lorry photos to be seen and ogled at. He was no doubt taking his midday constitutional to clear his head before they forced themselves upon him. For all we know he may have been on night shift and only just got up. You have to feel sorry for him.

I note you mention bendy busses in one of your posts Efes. This was of course when he was running Gatwick Airport. It must be my ‘little grey cells’ letting me down again but I always thought he drove ‘jumbo jets’. Maybe he did that for a bit of overtime. I must admit I have never seen him looking so sad as he does in that photo though.

The photo of John with, you assumed, a Swedish lady was interesting. She was indeed Swedish and together with another Swedish lady worked in their countries pavilion at the Baghdad Fair. I met them as they often popped in to our pavilion for a coffee and and were always there for the end of show party arranged by Promotor. I believe both of the ladies husbands worked in their embassies. They may also have worked there themselves. I visited the villa where one of the ladies lived on one occasion, a single story structure in a select area not far from the river. The embassy no doubt paid the rent but I remember thinking at the time that the property seemed much superior to those I saw that our embassy personal lived in. I have a photo that I will attach of myself and the other lady at one of the parties. I only wish I could remember their names.

I still have many photos from my Baghdad Fair days in which John, Chic, Peter, myself and Clive Newman appear occasionally. I will post them at some stage.