PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

kmills:

Hodnet Transport were from - er Hodnet, Shropshire. Actually, just near Hodnet - their yard was on the A41, on the left hand side as you went north. I remember calling in there one day, as I had a soft tyre on a trailer, - I cheekily pulled into their yard and asked if I could use the airline to blow my tyre up, and they didn’t mind at all - Nice chaps I thought.

Yes that is a ‘tate’ bulker, but I reckon they may have loaded sugar beet & other produce too.

Cheers, Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith! :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
a j maiden are telford based mate…

Cheers chap ! :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Thank you for the article on Haywards, Mick Bailey was in one of the vintage commercial mags last month.
Lloyds Animal feeds are based at Morda near Oswestry and have mills in Wrexham and Langport in Somerset and I think one near Darlington but I may be wrong!
J+H Parry are from Shawbury nr Shrewsbury.
A.J Maiden have grown a lot since they had that small yard near the Plough at Allscott, nr Wellington. Trevor may know more!
A cracking pic of the Sammy Jones ERF and the Eaton Concrete.

Thanks for the info Pete. :smiley: :wink:

colinwallace1:
Neal brothers are from Leicester.

Thanks Colin. :smiley:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Thank you for the article on Haywards, Mick Bailey was in one of the vintage commercial mags last month.
Lloyds Animal feeds are based at Morda near Oswestry and have mills in Wrexham and Langport in Somerset and I think one near Darlington but I may be wrong!
J+H Parry are from Shawbury nr Shrewsbury.
A.J Maiden have grown a lot since they had that small yard near the Plough at Allscott, nr Wellington. Trevor may know more!
A cracking pic of the Sammy Jones ERF and the Eaton Concrete.

Hi Pete.
I used to see A J Maiden wagons queueing up to load fertilizer at ICI Billingham when I went past to tip acetone further up the road towards Haverton Hill.

Cheers Chris,thanks for the comment. Did you see the Albright & Wilson octopus in the article on the
last page. :wink:

Paul John:
K.J.Services Volvo from South Wales. Dont think we have had one of these on here.

Hi Dean. The K&J Services FH16 is from Rhymney / Pontlottyn at the top of that valley. The K is for Keith and J for Jeff two cousins, sons of local farmers. They started with a couple of JCB loader/backhoes. Keith bought Jeff out after a few years and built up a substantial rental fleet of dozers and loading shovels. After the closure of the collieries he turned to refurbishing and selling machines worldwide based at the old HY-MAC facility.

Regards Paul

Thanks for the inputPaul,good stuff chap. :wink:

pete smith:
A J Maidens work out of the Ince plant near Chester, now called C.F Fertilisers, Cheer’s Pete
Is this the same Maidens Pete? snapped at Inverness a year or two ago.
Oily
Hi Oily,
Hope you are well?
Yes that is the same Maidens, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the pic Oily and comments Pete. :wink: