PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

pushrod47:
Morning DEANB,
The Maggie 8 wheeler was a vehicle I had the dubious pleasure of driving for a few months in early
1984. It was a V reg for Armstrong Cork at their Gateshead factory carrying gravel, slag & factory
waste to landfill. One thing I will say is that it was very good when the going was soft, but other than
that I never really warmed to it, & this from a man who at a previous employer drove a Foden
8 wheeler with a 180 Gardner for 2 years which I got new, loved the Foden
Regards pushrod 47

Thanks for the comments “pushrod 47”. They were very popular as a 6 and 8 wheeler so like you say
they must have been good off road. Also there were alot of artics on the road and the one that had
the 300 bhp ish engine would crack on. We will have to do a bit about the Maggies as dont think we
have yet. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Killingbeck Atkinson.I expect Chris will no about this motor.

Yes indeed :laughing:

Paul caught it one time as well:

It was new to W & J Riding: scroll down on this page of the wonderful Riding website for photos and details:

Cheers Chris, i spoke to Paul the other day and he is adding some new photos to his excellent site
so will have to pop on and have a look as other may want to do. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB” Some Welsh border pics.

Frenni Volvo.

H.Morgan DAF.

Chris Blandford DAF bulker.

hi Dean ,cheers for the Corgi Scarab ,bet thats worth a bob or to !
Great Welsh shots Frenni impressive fleet from Crymmch Pembrokeshire ,.Harry Morgan from Cwm Ebbw Vale former steel haulier his depot the old BRS depot .
Chris Blandford heading for Newport docks are from Pontrilas and haul out of the former Sun Valley mill at Allensmore nr Hereford, regards Keith

Good stuff Keith,thanks for the info. :smiley: :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB” Some Welsh and border motors.

Charles Footman Foden. Where were they based ■■

Ken Jones Transport DAF.

Elliott Blackmore ERF from Shropshire. Dont think we have had one of these on here before ■■ Where are they
based Trevor/Keith ■■

Heres one for “Punchy Dan”. Cracking looking Foden hard at it for Les Hughes & Son. Anyone know where
they were based ■■

hello DEAN ,Les Hughes are from Kerry near Newtown ,they now run Renaults as well long established timber hauliers .
A E Evans from Bishops Castle Shropshire ,that scania is still owned in preservation ,again timber hauliers from nearby Ransfords sawmill .
Yes Blackmore were from Bicton Heath ,used to have 8wheel Foden tankers hauling out of Minsterley and Crudgington dairies ,Blackmores depot i believe now has been earmarked for the Shrewsbury northern relief road .
Charles Footman used to be a very nice fleet ,but now very bland they would sometimes backload from British Tissues Wrexham .
Dean ,Paul certainly has a liking for T Alun Jones ,perhaps he should base himself on the Welshpool by pass ,he would not be disappointed for Mid ,West wales hauliers ,thank you Trevor

Thanks Trevor,more good info chap ! :smiley: :wink:

kenfig bill:
hi Dean ,cheers for the Corgi Scarab ,bet thats worth a bob or to !
Great Welsh shots Frenni impressive fleet from Crymmch Pembrokeshire ,.Harry Morgan from Cwm Ebbw Vale former steel haulier his depot the old BRS depot .
Chris Blandford heading for Newport docks are from Pontrilas and haul out of the former Sun Valley mill at Allensmore nr Hereford, regards Keith
Hello Dean and Keith …yes i agree Frenni up their with the likes of Mansel Davies and D Jenkins of Lampeter …they take the name from the highest peak in the Preseli range …bet our Dean already knew that …awesome stuff …lol Geraint

Thanks for the comments Geraint, of course i knew all about the Preseli range ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Buzzer:
Hi Dean the company Furness were from New Milton, Hants IIRC and I think they did fruit loads out of 105 berth in the docks when I was doing that job but that’s a while ago now and the memory cells are not as bright as they once were, Buzzer.

:question:

Cheers “Buzzer” i thought they were a fairly local company to me but was not sure exactly where they
were based. I think they packed up years ago as havent seen one for years now. :wink:

logger:
Anyone know where the PJV Man is from ■■?

It’s DJV not PJV . In the late 80s they were a clearing house and didn’t run any lorries there office was behind Noakes Cafe on the A13 on the right heading out of London . I did return loads for them out of Tilbury and some of the small docks in Essex etc not the best rates but paid on time .
Think eventually they moved the office to Tilbury and also opened and office in Newport as well.

Thanks for the comments “logger” Paul also confirmd to me they were from Tilbury. I just looked at the
pic again and i can see the “D” on the front of the trailer but i was looking originally at the name on top
of the cab and that looks like a “P”. :laughing: :wink: Nice to see you back as havent seen you posting for a
while chap ?