PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Carl Williams:

DEANB:
A Leyland Motors Group brochure from 1962,which is very intresting.

So interesting Dean, as years go by I had forgotten the history, makes you wonder what might have been today, had Leyland not had its arm twisted into taking over the almost bankrupt BMC. AEC not mentioned, had they not joined Leyland at that time?

Yes its a cracking brochure in my opinion Carl ! :wink:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Never heard of Tricentrol builders merchants. Anyone know where they were based ■■

I don’t know what became of them, but Tricentrol was a big outfit in its day, not only builders merchants but also motor dealerships, and even coach sales I think. I’ve a vague recollection that the HQ was in Luton, but I’m not certain

Thanks for the input Chris. :smiley:

5thwheel:

DEANB:
The Scammell Townsman was announced in 1964 to supercede the Scarab.

Nice to see the Smith of Maddiston Routeman 2,a cab design before its time.

David

Hello Dave, if you do a search for Scammell Routeman in the search box on this thread you will find alot
of articles/brochures on the Routeman chap. :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean
The ERF is one of W.Freemans from Curdworth near Sutton Coldfield, they used to run tankers collecting milk and run bulk tippers usually collecting spent brewers grains, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the name Pete,that was a misleading pic as you ould have thought they had depots in Devon
and Cornwall looking at the bumper. :wink:

oiltreader:
On the Leyland theme, the 400 engine and that manifold was about as good as the cab heating got.
Oily

Cheers Oily,nice pic ! :wink:

Bewick:
“DEANB”

That is an interesting shot of what is obviously a new T. Brady & Sons Ltd Beaver shot at the British Cellophane site at Barrow the date of which would have been August 1961. The fleet records show that HEO 333 was new into service on 18/8/1961 and it was scrapped on 23/11/1969 it would have had the Leyland 600 engine. Cheers Bewick.

Thanks for the info Dennis,good stuff chap ! :smiley: I think i have an article sonewhere on Brady’s will see if
i can find it chap. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB” A bit about the Scammell Mechanical Horse Scarab and Townsman.

Hi Dean ,love those scarabs ,Bulmers had several that ferried between the 2 Hereford factories .
Good to see Ken Jones from Newport in your Welsh line up ,they really took pride in thier fleet and sadly missed .
Have to say did not know much about Elliot Blackmore Shrewsbury, but had fine looking Fodens ,regards Keith

Yes a cracking bit of Transport history and they are great looking little motors Keith ! :wink:

Corgi produced one.

corgi.jpg

gingerfold:

Carl Williams:

DEANB:
A Leyland Motors Group brochure from 1962,which is very intresting.

So interesting Dean, as years go by I had forgotten the history, makes you wonder what might have been today, had Leyland not had its arm twisted into taking over the almost bankrupt BMC. AEC not mentioned, had they not joined Leyland at that time?

Leyland acquired AEC in 1962, so the brochure pre-dated the takeover by a few months.

Thanks for the comment Graham. :wink:

pete smith:
“windrush”] Hi Dean
The ERF is one of W.Freemans from Curdworth near Sutton Coldfield, they used to run tankers collecting milk and run bulk tippers usually collecting spent brewers grains, Cheer’s Pete

I wonder where they are based nowadays as their wharf site is empty? :confused:

Pete.
Morning Pete,
I think S.J.Bargh bought the milk collection side of the business, not sure if they are still running the tippers on the brewers grains? Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for your comments “windrush” and Pete ! :smiley: