Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

marktaff:

Dipster:

smallcoal:

marktaff:
Hi John,

Yes that’s him he had a few artics as well his cab was green in colour ,yes he mostly pulled out of outline ,Steve Perry the transport manager for outline is traffic controller for Sheffield insulation in Cardiff ,Steve Jones with us owned a couple of the black erfs he knew your old man ,sorry about your mam give her my best ,bet you spoiling the baby :smiley:

This mention of artics reminded me of an accident I was involved in during the late 60´s. I had what I thought was a great Ford Zodiac Executive that was hit up the rear whilst I was stopped at lights on Commercial road, Poplar. I was hit up the rear hit by a D Series artic removal van whose driver had fallen asleep over the wheel… This was told to me by coppers of the Met traffic police who were parked up at the lights. They witnessed the whole accident. I was slammed into the side of a KM artic that was coming out of the road to my left. My poor Ford did a lot of damage to that wagon and sent the driver flying across his cab, poor bloke. It was quite an accident.

This was the first artic removal wagon I ever saw (and then quite close up!). I seem to recall it was pale blue (a factory colour I think) with orange highlights. I believe it was based in Essex (Tilbury/Harwich?). Ring any bells?

Incidentally it took a long time to get paid out by their insurer and that only happened when I got legal counsel to write to them!

Hi Dipster,
The only company I can think of who ran removal artics back ten with those type of colours was Pickings from that sought of area ?

Luckings that should have read :blush: