Any old promotor drivers around

What a great collection of photos. You have to be praised for your persistence Efes in tracing John and his son Bryn and a special thanks to Bryn for allowing those photos to be posted here on TNUK. I hope there are many more to come. They are a very poignant reminder of past times. Did we consider those exciting days would ever end. I doubt it, yet here we are, almost forty years on, remembering them as if it were yesterday. Its especially handy that Johns son can give some background details behind the photos but they also help jog our own memories, well they certainly do mine.

I hope you don’t mind Efes as I’m bumping up the two photos from the previous page. The first one is of John and his wife Annika in the Joiners Arms. Behind a bar was definitely not the place for John. Not if you wanted to stay solvent that was. Joking aside thats a lovely photo of them both though.

I have attached one of the last photos of Johns old lorry. The one with Annika’s name painted above the windscreen though he’s not in the pic. I think John was on holiday and John ‘Welly’ Ward was given the lorry for a run down to Baghdad. Unfortunately it was Annika’s last trip.

joiners%20arms.jpg