Asking for a Discount on Training

Hello esteemed members :smiley:

Do you guys & gals know of anyone who’s asked for (& received) a discount on their LGV training package?

If so, how much of a discount did they ask for (& how much did they actually receive)? 10%? 15%?

Also, are driving schools more likely to give a discount if you book both Class 1 & 2 at the same time?

Thanks.

Unless the company specifically post a discounted course (like Peter Smythe sometimes does on this forum) then i wouldn’t say so.
Those who offer a discount for doing both class 2 and class 1 will list the course as a package and the price will be slightly discounted.

You have to remember it’s not like buying a car, you can’t negotiate price based on how much you think it’s worth, training Courses are specifically priced to pay for a plethora of different costs that the training company have ranging from the fuel used on lessons to staff salaries.
Personally i just paid the full price for all of my courses as i knew fine well how much it was before i got into it.

All Trucknet users get 10% discount as a matter of course. In addition to that, we occasionally run a promotion. eg, at the moment, book the CAT C and get the Mod 4 free of charge. That’s a hefty discount!

Call our office for options. 01623 555661.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I disagree with the first reply, prices aren’t necessarily fixed, many places offer to beat competitors prices or offer discounts, some published, some not, one thing is for sure, if you don’t ask you don’t get.

But…

You’ve normally got to be prepared to walk away if you don’t get anything off, don’t do that if they’re the only good school in the area. :laughing:

I didn’t negotiate with my provider tbh as I knew full well they were top notch and they, along with the other good schools in the area, were all well booked up. They aren’t giving any meaningful discount if they’re busy. If they say you can start next week then knock 'em down.