I took some photographs today

Win-Stone:
Ok… So I’ll admit that I have never been to the depot you mention but, nevertheless, I have a question/observation:-

There are forkies, warehouse bods, managers et al… But you load your own lorry■■?

Yes, they are like pontoons arranged in the yard at trailer deck height with a sheet metal covering, the load is placed on the deck/pontoon thing and you then use an electric propelled pallet truck to put in your lorry, they cannot be put on from the side as they are crappy plastic euro pallet thingies and go three across the bed, or perhaps it is because it is for Aldi and they do everything on the cheap, I was informed that only Aldi & Lidl have it loaded like this, Tesco et al have theirs put on the bed in a traditional manner…Who knows, but it is a site that has been adapted on the cheap, which I do not have a problem with, my issue is/was the loading practices and just how dangerous it could be for a newbie or an old duffer like myself.

My tip at Aldi was perfect, there was no room anywhere, so I just put it where I liked, had my paper work brought to me just as I placed the last lot in another random row, we had a bit of banter so all was good.

The gateman however was a piece of work, I resorted to asking him if had a troubled childhood, as he would not let me sign in until I had walked 5-6 steps to the lorry and put on my hi viz, I asked him if he thought it was strange thing to ask, he just would not have it, so I started singing.

On another point, I pulled over on the A38 to have a break and a bloke in a summer frock and wearing red shoes like canoes with bright red lipstick, blonde dyed hair and a lot of foundation rode past me on a woman’s bike with a basket on the front! I had a very strange day yesterday. :laughing: