Any old promotor drivers around

Back in the harness again after another gruelling trip. Well, not as bad as the ones we did to Yugo or Romo in the depths of winter many years ago. Some of those I hated with a vengeance. Mind you after a few days off I was always looking forward to the phone call telling me where I was off to next. It could have been the usual or it may have been a trip to Lisbon, Athens or Rome. That was one of the great things about Promotor. You never knew what the next job would entail.

Hi Efes, glad to hear you met up with Bryn and his wife. I’m looking forward to seeing the photos of John. If you don’t have time to copy and post them I would be happy to do it for you. I’m retired remember!

I know I’m not going to be thanked by some old Promotor drivers but I am attaching some photos of Ray Scutts old lorries. He worked for the company for a spell in the mid 70’s so is part of the Promotor history. At one time, after leaving Astran, he started up on his own with two or three F88’s. I don’t think the venture lasted long and a couple of the photos show the lorries with different names on the headboards. It seems Ray has a very good photo album. I’m sure he has a lot of unseen photos hidden away.

The last photo is interesting. The guy on the right is, I think, Chris Bosman of Bosman Transport out of Farleigh near Maidstone.