Sainsbury's northampton

Hi. All the usual please. Pros/cons. Looking to start between 00:00-0200. Thanks

Never worked for them direct but done some traction work out of there. Easy enough job, usual supermarket work. Been told the hourly rate is quite good but not much overtime. They supposed to always looking for drivers, usual bull crap from Wincanton/Sainsburys. Same as all supermarket jobs you either love or hate this kind of work.

elsa Lad:
Never worked for them direct but done some traction work out of there. Easy enough job, usual supermarket work. Been told the hourly rate is quite good but not much overtime. They supposed to always looking for drivers, usual bull crap from Wincanton/Sainsburys. Same as all supermarket jobs you either love or hate this kind of work.

Is it them little shops or proper supermarkets?

Trucker8oy:

elsa Lad:

Did both, the shops I did wasn’t any problem.They give you a good route map to the shops.

elsa Lad:

Trucker8oy:

elsa Lad:

Did both, the shops I did wasn’t any problem.They give you a good route map to the shops.

Tail lift or bay?

Both, the larger ones have dock levellers/scissor lifts , the smaller one which I did you used tailifts. You keep in the trailer and Sainsburys staff removes the cages (well they did the last time I did it a couple of years ago).

elsa Lad:
Both, the larger ones have dock levellers/scissor lifts , the smaller one which I did you used tailifts. You keep in the trailer and Sainsburys staff removes the cages (well they did the last time I did it a couple of years ago).

Doesnt sound too bad. As long as all the wheels are round and no fukcing London we shoukd be fine

Trucker8oy:

elsa Lad:

Doesnt sound too bad. As long as all the wheels are round and no fukcing London we shoukd be fine

East Midlands/East Anglian area

I’ve looked into this, and know a couple of drivers who have worked there recently. As far as I can tell you, it’s any 5 from 7, and I think it’s a 45 hour contract (5 x 9 hours). I don’t think there’s any overtime, and I think if you do an 11 hour shift, it’ll be compensated for somewhere down the line. This is just what I’ve heard though, but I’ve heard it from several different people. I think they rota it so you all do the same number of weekends, and I’m sure your 2 days off will always be consecutive.