Shipping out of and into Poole

DEANB:
In my earlier post i mentioned that the Dauphin de Cherbourg was the sister of the Poole Antelope. The Dauphin de Cherbourg was built and intended for service along side
the Poole Antelope. However Truckline soon realised that the Poole Antelope was not suitable for the route due to the weather conditions
and the Dauphin de Cherbourg was built the same as the Poole Antelope. Therefore they cancelled it and it was never used on the Poole Cherbourg route.In order for Truckline to offer a two ship service they then chartered MV ASD Astor which was a German ship on the
2nd of October until the 21st September 1974. The ASD Astor had a capcity of 34 trailers and 12 drivers.

Therefore the Poole Antelope and ASD Astor were only operated for a year 1973 to 1974.

NMP.

MV ASD Astor.

In 1974 sister ships MV Schiaffino and the original Cotentin were both chartered to replace the Poole Antelope
and ASD Astor. In 1975 MV Dorset was also charted and was the same design as the Schiaffino and Cotentin.

The three ferries above were used between the following years.

Schiaffino - 1974 - 1977
Cotentin - 1974 - 1978
Dorset - 1975 - 1977

MV Schiaffino.

MV Cotentin.

MV Dorset.

Unfortunately i have read several articles and they are all slighly different with regard to dates etc but i think the above is pretty
accurate. :unamused: :laughing:

Click on pages twice to read.

Dean you have done it again well done mate that was very interesting reading. You must have one hell of a collection of magazines to find all of this information. Thanks once again for all of your input. Cheers mate