Scania r490 topline or man xxl 440?

So long as that MAN isn’t the EGR engine (ie no adblue), then they are IMHO an underrated vehicle.
The only troubles i had with mine in 800k (paid driver not an OD) were cooling issues, and that engine all had the same or worse troubles sooner or later…so if its the EGR only Walk Away Quickly.
The rest of the drivetrain brakes etc never gave any issues, except for clutch.
Cab fittings can be a bit flimsy, the Scanny has a more robust interior, but both equally reliable, no turbo issues on MAN’s so long as they arn’t abused/neglected.

No doubt its the auto so on a 15 plate it will be Arsetronic, a very reliable box it must be said but make sure its the Profi box able to be driven in manual and not a (rare) basic fleet spec without manual option, and if you learn the ratios and drive it in manual keeping the revs between 1000 and 1500 (she will lug down to 900 quite happily) you will get better economy than in auto, using manual mode to maximise exhaust braking will also see good brake wear (ie over 300k before any pads changes at 43t+), but mainly because in manual mode you will make better smoother progress than leaving the box in auto…the same applies to the Scanny, which has a more responsive box for manual driving but the standard exhaust brake is hopeless.
Little difference between the two in my experience in fuel consumption, which in almost all cases whatever make is down to the driver.

MAN clutch or thrust bearing is likely to fail from around 500k even though not worn as such depending on what work its on, you might get an early warning that its on the way out if you notice increased clutch judder whilst reversing up inclines, if it fails completely you are going nowhere and its a tow in job.