Old Hull Haulage companys

Wheel Nut:

John-truckersinfo:
HI all,
How the memorys have come flooding back seeing all those pics and company names from Hull.
But one not named was the Dutch company GELDERS who had a depot in Dairycoates Hessle road. My father drove for them when they started in Hull in the 70’s right through to the 90’s by this time they had morphed to become IPEC and then into the mighty TNT and he and the rest of the family where all down in Northampton. He then went back to Hull and drove for Willow transport my cousins outfit.
I followed my father and worked for a subbie called Ron Pattison from Knottingley on a Bedford TK out of Gelders before moving down to Northants and joining Gelders employment and spending many a trip poodling around Euroland.

By the way Graham wells of “Wells Cargo” (way back in thread) was an old pal old mine and now is a driving instructor.
Don’t know if any of you were on the net in the late 90’s when I set up and ran a site called truckersinfo.co.uk (don’t try it took it offline years ago.)
All the best

I think there have been photos of Gelders posted on TruckNet before and I am certain I have mentioned them. If I remember correctly it was a light (larkspur) blue and white livery they used. Were they the same Gelder that became IPEC. I am still looking for pictures of Jac W Herreveld. I remember Thompsons of Beverley had photos of both companies on the walls. Arnold Worrall was a close friend and was keeper of the pictures I think.

I remember a Pattison but not Ron, Did he have a son? he dropped a loaded trailer in Wembley Cafe at Newport and me as a 15 year old lad was dispatched with jacks, blocks of wood and a spare landing leg in Bill Malcolmson’s land-rover to help the embarrassed driver out.

I used the pub & cafe opposite Ted Jarvis office many times

Jac Herreveld moved to South Africa in 1983