Typical European work

I had loaded trailers sent over to France from the UK , I drop my loaded trailer at the port then pick up another one .
I would stay away from home for months on end , getting a service done in Bordeaux , oil change, fuel filters done .
I carried my,own grease gun , anything with a ■■■■■■ , in i squirted , Dipper Dave style .

If you look on S&K website , they always want UK drivers , Benelux : home weekends or further afield for a few weeks .
Years ago the meals on Brittany ferries was free for drivers but due food being stolen ,you now pay with a discount , some old timers will remember steak blue on Truckline Poole to Cherbourg, it was raw steak with blood running , and the Portacabin chained down on the top deck for married drivers .

Being parked up for five days for an Easter truck ban in Italy , you make the best of it , so parked by a swimming pool and get the cable car up the mountain in Aosta .
Or when I flew back for the border shut in Irun , left the truck at Bordeaux airport, rang Bob Garnett from a UK phone box , he didn’t like that .