UK to Austria - overnight parking

Slater & Son:
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the info. That sounds much better than any services, for food anyway.
Plan being Dover - Calais overseas, Zeebruuge, Aachen, (possibly via Geiselwind) Bad Reichenhall, Frohnleiten. On the way back I’ll make it up as I go. This is a nostalgic run rather than the quickest way point to point I might add.

Hi S&S,

You might consider the little Shell garage in Deggendorf. (Not sure if it’s still there though!)

I used to do trailer swaps there and then double back into Austria, so Deggendorf was handy for the inevitable hanging around when things didn’t quite go according to plan.

It is conveniently near to a nostalgic choice of border crossing because you’d not be far from Suben and Schärding.

If you have time once you’re at Graz, I remember that there was an impressive ‘proper’ old steam locomotive just in front of the railway station.

As an alternative, IIRC, some of the lads used to use a place at Hengersberg too.

:bulb: There’s a caveat with the above though, … my very nostalgic info is all also from the 80’s. :smiley: