What tyres are people using

Evening all, just wanting different opinions on tyres, I’m running 295/80 all round.

Got 2 Bridgestone 297 up front, 2 hankook ah31 on lift, next tread remould on the rear, I didn’t fit them, they came on the truck.

Tbf they don’t seem that bad they are wearing evenly, I’ve had them recut and got another 5mm out of them.

Will be fitting new ones towards the end of the year, not sure what to go for, a decent remould like next tread, Michelin remix, or go budget like the linglong which I’ve heard a
Few good things about for a budget tyre or go Bridgestone or hankook new.

Top tip dont fit anything bandvulc!
Bridgestone fronts seem good, but need tracking keeping an eye on as they can wear quite severely one side or the other.
Mich drives seem to last well, 18 ton rigid heavy pretty much all the time 400k incl recut .

The Bridgestones on the front work well for me with regard to keeping a nice square shoulder however the down side is they are bad at trapping small stones in the tread which lead to damage to wire showing ending in a major repair :cry:

The Ah31 are not so bad but I do seem to knock the shoulder of a bit ,the Hancook issue is the casings don’t sell well after .

I can’t say who, but a company I used to work for, their rental division used Linglong…

Ken.

Punchy Dan:
The Bridgestones on the front work well for me with regard to keeping a nice square shoulder however the down side is they are bad at trapping small stones in the tread which lead to damage to wire showing ending in a major repair :cry:

The Ah31 are not so bad but I do seem to knock the shoulder of a bit ,the Hancook issue is the casings don’t sell well after .

Which Bridgestones do you use on the front Dan, which keep the shoulder square, as the Goodyears on my XF chase both inner and outer shoulders off.

Hiya 297 I think , but I’am not sure if they still do them cheers Dan .

We fit Michelin XDE 2 or 3D Multi-Ways which are the newer tread pattern. Never had any drive ability or wear issues including High speed / long distance / high temp running in Europe.

I’ve always found that with tyres you get what you pay for.

I cant justify premium tyres in my line of work but after trying a few mid range tyres i wont fit anything but Hankook now, last well, wear well, decent price

Steve H:
We fit Michelin XDE 2 or 3D Multi-Ways which are the newer tread pattern. Never had any drive ability or wear issues including High speed / long distance / high temp running in Europe.

Quite agree, but Michelin do not do 295/80 High Load tyres, which I need on the front of my Euro6 XF.

nyk473l:

Steve H:

Quite agree, but Michelin do not do 295/80 High Load tyres, which I need on the front of my Euro6 XF.

They do a 315/80 though, will go straight on no bother

We’re running 315/70 22.5 in the steer of our DAF 4wheel units.
Outside shoulder worn off in under 100k km irrespective of make (Hankook, Michelin, Bridgestone).
Fitters spin the tyre on the rim, but tyres are dead with well over 50% tread remaining over most of the width.

chaversdad:
I cant justify premium tyres in my line of work but after trying a few mid range tyres i wont fit anything but Hankook now, last well, wear well, decent price

My gaffer won’t have anything else, and do you know, we have no problems with them.

Ken.

Hankook AH31 + Steers
Kumo KRD50 Drives

Continental 295/80 and 315/70 steers drive and mid lift.
Michelin multi t on the trailers

Use your Chinese Ditchfinder 2000’s at your peril

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk