PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

rward:
Hi paul also councell tippers from newport excellent hauliers I use them often and the hicks lorry another firm regards rowly

Thanks for the comment Rowly ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Great pictures,the Hicks’ Scania is from caldicot based Hicks Transport,not Hicks (blue and white)of Newport.The Caldicot Hicks has just sold out to Evans Transport of Bideford.
Regards Andrew.

Thanks for the info Andrew,that Evans runs some tidy motors see them up my way fairly often. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,a gough has some new eight wheel tippers in Hanson colours seen one in Newport ,Dave Jenkins ex blue line driver started his own firm didn’t last long due to financial trouble he back to driving coaches now

Thanks for the comments John. :wink:

colinwallace1:
Dean, the red ERF “about to have it’s doors blown off” looks to be one of Emerson’s from Ellistown. Still going today. Coomsey will know.
Cheers. Colin.

Cheers Colin, well spotted chap. :smiley: Alway’s nice to see a mighty Bedford with the hammer down !!! :laughing: :laughing:

coomsey:
“colinwallace1” Dean, the red ERF “about to have it’s doors blown off” looks to be one of Emerson’s from Ellistown. Still going today. Coomsey will know.
Cheers. Colin.
One of Emmos for sure Colin. Would still have been at the Belton yard, you had to back into the yard then perform in it to park up,tight wasn’t the word, not for the faint hearted. Cheers Coomsey

Thanks for confirming Coomsey. :laughing:

kingswinford kit:
“tastrucker”“DEANB”

D.H.Jones Hino.

Trevor one from your part of the world. Corbett Transport Mercedes bulker.

yes DEAN ,Corbetts were from Much Wenlock ,mostly tippers that worked out of the limestone quarries on nearby Wenlock edge .
Lovely to see the Hinos of D H Jones from Ruabon ,now there were on my doorstep ,they did a lot of coal out of South Wales ,and were also Hino agents ,thank you DEAN ,Trevor

Thanks for your comments Trevor. Heres a different one of a Jones Hino. I cant remember if Hino’s were that popular ? Do you know how
many of them they operated Trevor ? Out of intrest were they a dealer/garage for Hino as you sometimes find that a company that operates
less popular truck also are dealers ? :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

Hi Dean and Trevor ,D H Jones hauled a lot of scrap down to S Wales backloading from Tower Colliery at Hirwaen . Those Hinos were rust buckets ,but boy they would fly ,none of the S Wales boys could catch em , up the beacons! .great pics as usual Dean ,regards Keith .

Thanks Trevor and Keith for your comments on those Hino’s ! :smiley: :wink:

graham-A:
The dark blue Scania is one of G.Owen & Sons of Newton gowenandsons.co.uk/haulage

Thanks for confirming who owns the Scania Graham. :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
“kingswinford kit”
Hi Dean and Trevor ,D H Jones hauled a lot of scrap down to S Wales backloading from Tower Colliery at Hirwaen . Those Hinos were rust buckets ,but boy they would fly ,none of the S Wales boys could catch em , up the beacons! .great pics as usual Dean ,regards Keith .
That just ignited the bit of my memory banks that are still ticking over! When I worked at BRS in Mitcheldean I was asked if I wanted to work on Sunday. Always up for a drop more beer money, I agreed. Turned up at the yard on Sunday morning, grabbed my notes and fired up the old faithful Mercury with bulk trailer. Looked at the paperwork and found I was loading coal at Tower. When I pulled onto their weighbridge one of the chaps said, “You’re a bit early, bach- we don’t load on Sundays!” A nice steady trip back home for a total of 8 hours @ double bubble. Plus a night out, of course! And back down first crack the next morning.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: