Reflecting on my first week as a HGV driver

Hayley293:

Grandpa:

Hayley293:
Hi guys

I have been documenting my progress of becoming a HGV driver step-by-step since April this year. I have been filming videos and uploading them on YouTube with a hope of helping and encouraging wannabe drivers.

Last week was my first week as a HGV driver since passing at the beginning of August. If you’d like to have a look at what my thoughts were at the end of my first week, I have attached the link.

This is coming from an ex-teacher and someone who is completely new and had no idea what-so-ever!

https://youtu.be/dMRBOCjZMZA

Hayley

Hi Hayley,
Ditto, an ex-teacher in the Middle East returned to do some class 1 work to save towards my retirement in a couple of years. :slight_smile: Believe me, class 2 multi-drop will soon lose its glamour, especially during the coming winter months. If you’re going to make a career out of this, get the experience and then move on to class 1. The good old days have gone and the influx of East Europeans means that if you want to make a reasonable living out of this, it will quickly become a lifestyle, not a job. Enjoyed your video, good luck.
John.

Hi John, that’s the plan! I’m dreading the winter to be honest. I do like being home every night though with this job. Class 1 is on my list, along with ADR & HiAb. Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

Winters fun lol just take it nice and easy and keep a good distance from the vehicle in front.
Last year i had to reverse up a hill in the snow to the shed i was tipping in. Took a few attempts as the wheels were just spinning lol just need a run at it and try not to stop and dump all the air on the drive axels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk