ADR/CPC

If your CPC is due can you do the ADR instead? Does those hours count as CPC requirements?

I’m thinking I might as well get another qualification while I’m being forced to sit in a classroom for a week!

I think I’m right in saying ADR counts towards CPC training but there are others that will know better than me I’m sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

YES providing the provider has the ADR course approved for driver CPC

The course will cost a little more to cover the CPC costs

marsbars:
If your CPC is due can you do the ADR instead? Does those hours count as CPC requirements?

I’m thinking I might as well get another qualification while I’m being forced to sit in a classroom for a week!

Hi marsbars,

The answer to your question is that an ADR course can count towards periodic DCPC, but it’s NOT automatic, so I suggest that you should have that discussion with your chosen provider at the time you make your initial enquiry.

You can get either 7, 14, 21 or 28 DCPC hrs depending on your need and which way the provider has registered their ADR course with JAUPT.

True enough with most trainers. We dont charge any additional fee for the cpc element. Our cost for packages and tanks (ex explosives and radioactive) is just £540 for Trucknet users. This is fully inclusive of all exam fees, VAT, accommodation if you’re more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW. As mentioned, 28 hours driver cpc completely free of charge.

That deal takes some beating!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Got two of my modules by doing ADR this time round. Work paid for it too as we need it for a couple of our customers. Win win.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:

True enough with most trainers. We dont charge any additional fee for the cpc element. Our cost for packages and tanks (ex explosives and radioactive) is just £540 for Trucknet users. This is fully inclusive of all exam fees, VAT, accommodation if you’re more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW. As mentioned, 28 hours driver cpc completely free of charge.

That deal takes some beating!

Paid £360 for mine. Packages and tanks (ex explosives and radioactive) and 28 hrs cpc.

Can get any CPC hours for the refresher course or is it just the initial one?

Not seen it for less than £500 and as high as £800 for initial one (not inc 1 and 7). A lot does depend on the trainer as theres a lot of info to take in.

£360 would be ultra cheap, assuming it was all classes with tanks and packages exc 1+7 and exams, and wasn’t either in-house or last minute cancellation.

Subject to the normal provisos, Yes.

trevHCS:

Not seen it for less than £500 and as high as £800 for initial one (not inc 1 and 7). A lot does depend on the trainer as theres a lot of info to take in.

£360 would be ultra cheap, assuming it was all classes with tanks and packages exc 1+7 and exams, and wasn’t either in-house or last minute cancellation.

Good price isnt it.

:laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Subject to the normal provisos, Yes.

SQA have changed a lot of the rules just recently, but IIRC you might have in mind a ‘refresher’ candidate sitting on an initial course, which would then be very beneficial because:

• 1.) The driver can get the training at ‘normal’ pace,
  • 2.) The driver can have the unexpired portion of his old card ADDED to the 5 year validity of the new card,
  • 3.) Gain (up to) 28hrs DCPC

The above will work provided that:

• The driver’s old ADR card has less than one year of validity remaining, AND
  • The driver’s old ADR card has not less than 5 weeks validity remaining.

My current ADR card is valid for 5 years and 7 months. :smiley:

==========================

On the other hand, a course notified to SQA as an ADR refresher course has a different programme number and is of a far shorter duration (typically about half that of an initial course) because all of the candidates are supposed to have retained prior knowledge from their ‘initial’ course 5 years earlier.

A pure ‘referesher’ ADR course can cause issues with JAUPT for DCPC for providers because JAUPT will want different submissions for course layout and summary, plus the inevitable extra fees.

Let’s just say that I haven’t taught an ADR refresher that has DCPC hours since DCPC came out in 2009 simply because nobody has asked me to.