Any old promotor drivers around

240 Gardner:

sandway:
Whilst carrying out some research into the infamous job Promotor did to Riyadh a few posts earlier I found out from his son that Bill Sallis took some of the photos and that he drove for Bowkers . Around that time, mid 70’s, he also worked for Knight International and ended up doing some internals for them. He took photos of one job he was on that I thought are worth showing on this thread. I got those photos courtesy of Neil Trickett.

I’ve done some work on Bowker’s history lately, and also worked there for almost 20 years, and I never came across any mention of Mr Sallis, so I’ve learned something there. I’d love to see any more photos he might have, of Bowker motors in the M/E as it wasn’t a market they stayed in for very long

Oh dear! Its the ‘little grey cells’ letting me down again. I’ve been back through all the correspondence I had on various Facebook sites and find that I muddled up a couple of companies/lorries. Bill Sallis was a driver for Knights of Old or Knight International as shown in the photo. Unfortunately there was also a Bowker lorry there and I got muddled up. Yes, comes with age so my wife keeps telling me. Sorry for the confusion.

c9.jpg