Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

robthedog:

gingerfold:
It’s in dock again…and the Mercedes dealership where it is now are saying that it needs 5 new injectors. Still it’s an improvement on 6.

Have you not taken that glove out the tank yet !!!

It’s 200 miles away from me now and not my problem anymore. But I take your point, by now you would have thought Mercedes would have twigged that they need to investigate the fuel tank.

What doesn’t stack up however is that all our fuel tanks have anti-syphon devices in the neck of the tank, so it’s difficult to put anything of any size into the tank. (By the way the anti-syphon thingys don’t stop the determined fuel thief, they just rip out the stack pipe). If contaminated fuel was / is the problem I don’t see how because I had this truck for 18 months and it was double shifted; same run every night from Manchester to main depot and back, 650 km, and the night driver always refuelled there. Depending where it went on its multi-drop day shift deliveries its Kms varied from as little as 120 (local) to 440 (Carlisle), so some days it could get back to main depot without re-fuelling at my end. If it had to be fuelled at Manchester we use a depot of a national fuel distributor, where all my other trucks fill up, and none of them have had fuel problems. So we can narrow it’s re-fuelling habits to just two sites.