Warburtons

Been offered a mult-drop driving job at Warburtons, they said between 6-12 months period you’ll work towards gaining your LGV Cat C licence and move in to a Multi-Drop delivery role. Anyone on here been offered the same position ? Are Warburtons a good company to work for ? Just a little concerned about my commute, the depot about 40 minutes drive away.

Depends what you want. I turned down a class 2 job with them because I class 2am start as a night shift and the shifts wouldn’t fit in with my life. From what I saw it’s not the hardest job, you do have to pick orders in warehouse and load vehicle but it’s not heavy work or dirty. I know someone who took the job and he is happy there getting his experience. If you can hack the start times/shift etc it’s better than agency work and there are a lot of worse class 2 jobs out there. I don’t know anything about them putting people through lgv training.
You get free toast and cheap bread lol if that suits your kneads

The depot near me has people fighting to get into it, it is easy work and yes you do get as much free toast as you can eat while on site.

I’ve never heard of them training anybody up though.

I would go for it as long as you can hack the very early start times.

What do you drive before getting class 2? Only seen 7.5T and C2 trucks but they might run vans.

If you want a way to get your C2 it might be a good option, but I would want to know details such as whether you have to pay training back or stay with the company for x years.

Should be easier than most multidrop but when I’ve seen them they do seem to be in a bit of a hurry. It won’t be like most other multidrop jobs which are usually much harder graft but you could stay there for an easier life.