Eu referendum whats your vote

dexxy57:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:
So, should the Queen decide how much say parliament gets?
If a green bill is being thwarted in the future should King Charles decide on whether or not it’s voted on or pushed through?

Handing over its authority to a foreign power isn’t a a say which parliament gets.

Should the present Queen, or any future monarch, get to decide whether or not a prorogation is too long or not?
And if you think it “depends” upon the case, and the monarch decides, where does that lead us?
The Prime Minister is not a limited term dictator.
The monarch should have no discretion in a democracy.

The Monarch HAS no discretion in our democratic process (by ‘discretion’ I’m assuming you mean power).
Despite what CF says (and I fully expect him to say it again, very soon) she is a Constitutional Monarch. She obviously has views and opinions, and she’s fairly likely to get the ear of any serving Prime Minister or Government, but she basically rubber stamps any Bills that are passed, or, in the most recent instance, grants permission to suspend Parliament.
What a wonderful country we live in. We don’t actually have a Constitution (like USA for example) that is written down and set in stone subject to amendments (which are also set in stone). Things would be so much clearer if we did. We currently have the Supreme Court debating court decisions from three different parts of the UK, decisions which affect the WHOLE of the UK. Any decision that’s reached by the Supreme Court will be a ‘judgement’, ie how the Law Lords ‘interpret’ the evidence before them.

That’s the UK for you. So typically British.

Ooohhhh.
The USA system where the judges are chosen BY politicians to judge upon the actions and decisions OF politicians?
I don’t differentiate between different administrations there, but find it all confusing.
And how many amendments have been chiseled into the stone of the US constitution, how much polyfilla rubbed in?
As I type this, I imagine someone here on TNUK will offer a definitive answer.
(Written in play-doh?)