Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
Whoops…Whippersnapper, last week, didn’t want you all to know, so I said I’d keep it a secret. :blush: :unamused:

Is that a Ford Anglia I can see on the left hand corner of the picture?

Might also be another,light colored one up on the right hand side too!

David

Greetings,5thwheel.
Yes,it is a Ford Anglia, model no. 105E.IIRC,it was Ford’s first over square engine and OHV too.
Regards,900x20. :slight_smile:

The Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh 6x6 Lorry was a standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw German Military - Army - Wehrmacht Lorry and was one of many produced by Mercedes-Benz and several other lorry manufacturers,such as Bussing-NAG,Henschel,Magirus,MAN.

Some German Nomenclature:-

E. or Einh = Einheits = Standardised design built by several lorry manufacturers.

Kw = Kraftwagen = Motor Vehicle.

I.E. = leicht = light.

Lkw = Lastkraftwagen = Lorry.

Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh,6-Cylinder 85 BHP Diesel-Oil - Engined,6x6,Tractive Unit - Dropside-Bodied,Articulated Lorry.Standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw ex- German Wehrmacht Lorry. Fergie47. 4#

VALKYRIE
[/quote]
Cheers for the info :wink:

A Willème found on a German forum.

More pictures here:
baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … =0&page=14

Froggy55:
0A Willème found on a German forum.

Looks well used Paul!

An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Looks like it’s in primer, straight from the factory.

Covered in fingerprints and muck, standing out in the rain. No wonder they were rotboxes. :smiley:

Froggy55:
0An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Driven a few of those over the years Froggy, Leyland / AEC …one was a Leyland Lynx Artic, I think @ 26T gross, can’t remember the HP, not much I imagined. The thing I do remember, it spent more time in the workshops, (the fitters hated the thing), mostly engine / overheating problems, ( I was never a hard driver , so ii wasn’t me ) they didn’t have a cylinder head, the block / head was machined in one, it was suppose to eliminate head gasket problems ( which it did of course) but gave trouble in other ways, had it about 6 months then they gave me a Mandator, think it was for my patience :unamused:

Absolutely tipping it down here, rain stopped hedge cutting, so time to post a few pics.

Note the absence of my Health and Safety officer, Whippersnapper, conveniently he’s swanning off to Italy on an important job. :unamused:

Down at the Cimetiere

Fairground…French / Belgian style…no Scammels, Fodens or ERF’s here !

Heavies.

Badged engineering… :confused:

Tranquil days

Over to you Froggy / Anorak / Michael…Any idea what’s going on here ?

Lastly…a mix of black and whites pictures for you Froggy, I know you like the odd,old, rare, and unusual ones…enjoy :wink:

Fergie47:
Absolutely tipping it down here, rain stopped hedge cutting, so time to post a few pics.

Note the absence of my Health and Safety officer, Whippersnapper, conveniently he’s swanning off to Italy on an important job. :unamused:

Still not using a cherry picker I see… tut tut tut, you’re going to be put on the list Mr. Fergie… :laughing:

Fergie47:
Down at the Cimetiere

Surely the red Iveco could/should be saved…?

Fergie47:
Heavies.

Zwagerman had three of those Titans in the fleet, all three of them ended up some years later in the Sarens fleet IIRC.